AskEnglish! offers a drop-in tutorial service to undergraduate and postgraduate international students whose first language is not English.
There is no need to book, just look out for the AskEnglish! sign on the first floor of the Main Library and drop by with your questions about English.
- need some advice on how to improve your pronunciation?
- want help to improve the structure of your assignment?
- understand only 50% of what your lecturers say in lectures?
- feel you need help with some aspects of English grammar?
- lack confidence when speaking English socially or in seminars?
Our friendly and highly qualified English tutors have considerable experience in teaching academic English and academic skills to international students studying at Birmingham University. So, say hello and “AskEnglish”!
- Main Library - (R30) 1st Floor Academic Skills Centre
Mondays 14:00-16:00 (starting Monday 2 October)
Tuesdays 14:00-16:00 (starting Tuesday 3 October)
Thursdays 14:00-16:00 (starting Thursday 5 October)