CLAD & Learning Spaces is Academic Services’ division that covers most aspects of learning, from staff development for those involved in teaching through to technical support for venues and the University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Our Educational Development teams support the development and enhancement of learning and development across the University They support by:
- Working directly with academic schools and colleges to provide bespoke development sessions, events, consultation sessions and advice for individuals and teams who teach.
- Supporting the development of teaching expertise by running courses and workshops for staff at all career stages from postgraduate teaching assistants to experienced academics, including courses accredited by the Higher Education Academy such as the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice and the Introduction to Learning and Teaching module.
- Providing funding and advice to support educational enhancement projects, both within schools and colleges and across the University.
- Hosting a range of educational enhancement events and networks - including the University’s annual Teaching and Learning Conference - to enable colleagues to share and learn from each other’s expertise.
- Supporting the recognition and reward of teaching excellence via a range of awards and fellowships
Learning Spaces Teams
Our Learning Spaces teams cover many areas of University activity – examinations, room bookings and timetabling, and the development and maintenance of more than 170 teaching rooms and computer clusters. Experienced innovative staff drive forward the creation of new and enhanced learning spaces, using contemporary space design and new technologies where possible. We are here to make our learning environments as engaging and usable as possible.
Our technical team (LRAT) provide support and installation of AV and IT to other areas of the University and external customers. They also provide video-conferencing facilities and support for conferences and events. TAMU are a one-stop servicedesk for all faults in our teaching rooms. TAMU also look after the Murrray Learning Centre.
Also included in the division is the project team who provide a range of management, support and quality assurance services for projects across Academic Services.
The division is committed to the continual development of the University's space, refurbishing and investing in new technology
CLAD & Learning Spaces structure chart [Oct 16] (PDF - 80KB)