Training room based in a local setting
Who it is suitable for
This session is suitable for those new to teaching at the University. The session may also serve as a useful refresher for those who have not used Panopto for some time. No formal knowledge or experience of using event capture software is required.
Participants should have a basic understanding of an internet browser. Participants may find it useful to work through the essentials section of the Event Capture with Panopto bite size course prior to signing up for this session.
This training programme is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of Panopto, the University’s preferred event capture software.
The session will be delivered via a short opening presentation, followed by a series of practical hands-on activities. You will be guided through the stages of checking software status (which may include installation), recording an event, reviewing the output and carrying out simple customisations such as editing the recording and managing how it is used. The session will conclude with a short plenary and sign-posting for continuing support.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Carried out an initial check to ensure that the Panopto software is locally installed.
- Configured their Canvas course to allow event capture using Panopto.
- Successfully configured video and audio devices prior to event capture and then record a new session within Canvas.
- Review the recording.
By the end of the session, and depending on your choice of optional tasks, participants will also have:
- Carried out simple recording edits.
- Organised and managed your recording.
- Viewed and explored viewing analytics.
- Recorded a simple screencast.
How to book
Each of the college partnership managers has oversight of the training for their college please contact:
College of Arts and Law
College of Medical and Dental Sciences
College of Social Sciences
College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
College of Life and Environmental Sciences