Careers Network: COVID-19 updates
With the move to a restricted campus operation model, Careers Network will continue to offer our students and graduates careers support.
During this time, please check our new latest careers news, updates & support page, where you will find even more resources and additional support regarding employment in light of COVID-19 and articles from employers:
Online careers support
Careers Network will be offering support in the following ways:
Careers Nework COVID-19 updates
Capgemini Community Challenge Cancelled (posted: 30.03.20)
Further to the recent ongoing developments with the outbreak of the coronavirus/COVID-19, regretfully, the Capgemini Community Challenge
has been cancelled for this academic year. This is to ensure the safety and welfare of all our students, staff and community members.
Work Experience Bursaries Cancelled (Posted: 25.03.20)
Further to the recent ongoing developments with the outbreak of the coronavirus/COVID-19, we wish to inform you that regretfully the Careers Network Work Experience Bursaries have been cancelled for this academic year. Read more on the Work Experience Bursary Schemes page
Summary of online careers support (Posted: 18.03.20)
1. Online careers tools & guides
For CV, application and interview support, there are a range of careers guides and online tools available including CV checker and practice interview software.
2. Searching for jobs & internships
Current students can use Careers Connect to search for relevant internship or graduate opportunities. This service is also available to all graduates who register for a Careers Connect account.
3. Careers advice, appointments & application support
- All students can still access tailored advice, from a Careers Adviser, on your career plans and support with finding and applying for jobs, internships and further study by emailing Careers Network
- Email your CV, cover letter or application for review
- Final year students, PGTs and recent graduates only can request a Skype appointment, with a Careers Adviser, to discuss your next step and career plans
- For queries about Personal Skills Award, The Birmingham Project, Mentoring or Starting a Business, please contact Careers Network
Please continue to check the University of Birmingham statement regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) for the latest University updates.