Careers Network: COVID-19 updates
Last updated: Wednesday 25 March 2020
Work Experience Bursaries Cancelled (Posted: 25.03.20)
Further to the recent ongoing developments with the outbreak of the coronavirus/COVID-19, we wish to inform you that regretfully the Careers Network Work Experience Bursaries have been cancelled for this academic year. Read more on the Work Experience Bursary Schemes page.
Careers support during restricted campus operations
With the move to a restricted campus operation model by the end of term on Friday 27 March, Careers Network will be offering careers advice and support to students and graduates, online over the upcoming weeks, in the following ways:
Summary of online careers support (Posted: 18.03.20)
1. Online careers tools & guides
For CV, application and interview support, there are a range of careers guides and online tools available including CV checker and practice interview software.
2. Searching for jobs & internships
Current students can use Careers Connect to search for relevant internship or graduate opportunities. This service is also available to all graduates who register for a Careers Connect account.
3. Careers advice, appointments & application support
- All students can still access tailored advice, from a Careers Adviser, on your career plans and support with finding and applying for jobs, internships and further study by emailing Careers Network
- Email your CV, cover letter or application for review
- Final year students, PGTs and recent graduates only can request a Skype appointment, with a Careers Adviser, to discuss your next step and career plans
- For queries about Personal Skills Award, The Birmingham Project, Mentoring or Starting a Business, please contact Careers Network
Please continue to check the University of Birmingham statement regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) for the latest University updates.