PhD Job Club Tutorial: Writing your CV or job application
- Westmere House - Seminar Room (G15 on the Campus map)
*Note: Please bring your laptops/ relevant documents with you so that you can work on your application during the session if you wish.*
PhD Job Club Tutorials are small, informal group sessions led by the PGR Careers Adviser. They offer a chance to discuss popular career-related issues amongst PhDs.
This particular tutorial focuses on writing effective CVs/ job applications. We'll first cover some top tips, then you will have time to work on your CV or application with the support of the Adviser and the rest of the group.
Open to PhDs from all disciplines!
Attend just for the tutorial (first hour) or also stay afterwards to work on your application/ CV and get individual advice.
Please note: this event is for postgraduate researchers only.
Learn how to:
- Identify the key differences between academic and non-academic job applications
- Effectively tailor your application for a particular role
- Work on your job application/ CV with the support of an adviser
- Discuss any questions that you have about writing job applications
- Meet other PhDs who are in the same position as you and learn from each other
What Postgraduate Researchers said about this tutorial:
"I think the tutorial was brilliant, full of useful and specific content, and touching all the documents required for an application. Thank you for providing this."
"Everything was very useful. The information, examples, and presentation were understandable and very helpful. Thank you very much!"
We try to make all our events accessible; however, we are aware that this is not always the case. If you have additional requirements or concerns about accessing a workshop, please contact Careers Network and we will get back to you as soon as possible.