PGR Career Options: medical communications (including medical writing)
- Careers Network Seminar Room G30 Aston Webb
If you're a medical- or life-sciences PGR looking for a career that will take you out of the lab but keep you in touch with science, then Medical Communications (MedComms) could be for you.
Come along and:
- Find out more about MedComms as a career option and why the industry especially values PhDs
- Discover how a medical communications agency works
- Make a useful MedComms contact for the future
The talk will be from guest speaker Rob Pilbrow: Group Director of Editorial Services at Porterhouse Medical. Rob is a PGR alumnus of the University of Birmingham and has previously recruited Birmingham PhDs into trainee Medical Writer roles, so will be sharing his top tips with us.
Broadly speaking, MedComms professionals advise pharmaceutical companies on how best to educate and inform their customers about the benefits and risks of new therapies, supported by clinical and economic data. As a result, this event will be useful for:
- Bioscience, Medical Science and other life sciences PGRs interested in exploring their career options outside of academia/ the lab
- PGRs from these disciplines who are interested in/ currently applying for jobs in Medical Communications
We try to make all our events accessible; however we are aware that this is not always the case. If you have additional requirements or concerns about accessing a workshop, please click here to advise us and a member of Careers Network will get back to you as soon as possible.