Explore Careers Beyond Academia: STEM PhD alumni and guest panel (EPS only)
- Poynting Bridge Poynting building (R13 on the campus map)
Exclusively for Postgraduate Researchers from the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, these termly PhD alumni and guest career panels are great opportunities to:
- Find out what former STEM PhDs have gone on to do
- Learn more about some of the career options open to STEM PhDs
- Make useful contacts for the future
This term we'll be exploring the career areas of scientific publishing, network design engineering in industry, intellectual property law and the Government Science and Engineering Profession.
Our guests include:
- Katie Ridd: Global Editorial Talent Manager for Springer Nature
- Tianhao He: Network Designer for BT and former international PhD (Electronic/ Telecomms Engineering)
- Becky Lovell: Trainee Patent Attorney at Marks & Clerk (PhD Chemistry)
- Sarah Newton: Science and Engineering Civil Service Fast Stream (PhD Physical Science of Imaging in the Biomedical Sciences)
Panel talks and Q&A will begin at 14:30 with afternoon tea served from 16:00. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
If you have dietary requirements or any questions about this event, please email Holly Prescott, PGR Careers Adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: if you are interested in the Civil Service Science and Engineering Fast Stream, the application deadine to start in 2018 is Thursday 26 October.
Please note this event is limited to Postgraduate Researchers from College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
We try to make all our events accessible; however we are aware that this is not always the case. If you have additional requirements or concerns about accessing a workshop, please click here to advise us and a member of Careers Network will get back to you as soon as possible.