Read below to find out about the Work Experience Bursary application process.
The following information will give you an overview of the steps you need to take to apply for a work experience bursary:
- Contact the Internships team to confirm the eligibility of your work experience or internship opportunity if necessary
- Complete the online Work Experience Bursary application form and virtual video interview, accessible under the relevant bursary web page; both the online application form and virtual video interview require completing to be considered for the bursary.
You can complete part of the online application form and then return to it to complete it fully at a later date however, if you upload any attachments and try to save them to an incomplete form, they will NOT be saved. You will receive a link via email that allows you to return to your application, please note Careers Network cannot access your incomplete application. It is recommended to type and save your answers in a word processing software package (such as Microsoft Word) to ensure you have a copy of your answers and attachments. Once an application has been submitted it cannot be accessed again.
Once your application has been received you will be sent an email confirmation.
Careers Network offers application assistance to all students applying for a Work Experience Bursary including workshops and appointments with a relevant adviser. For further information, visit the Careers Network website.
If you have any questions regarding how to complete the application form please email Careers Network: email@example.com
3. The Work Experience Bursary Team will review your application form and your recorded answers to your online interview, following which a decision will be made on your suitability to receive a bursary.
4. Please indicate on the application which of the following strands you wish to apply for:
- University of Birmingham Work Experience Bursary
- University of Birmingham Gateway Work Experience Bursary
Only one application form is required to be completed when applying to any of the bursaries. Students can only apply for one bursary strand, not both.