Careers Network offers services and facilities to all students. To find out what is specifically available to you use the links below to jump to the appropriate information.
Current students at the University can utilise all our services including:
- Full access to information and vacancies on our website.
- Full access to our content on Canvas.
- Attendance at events and workshops; this includes events specifically targeted at postgraduates and international students.
- Advice and guidance via the internet (e-guidance) and in person at the Advice desk and CV clinic. (NB: Postgraduate students in the Birmingham Business School have specialist careers provision through the Careers in Business Team.)
- Accessible system for feedback and complaints.
There are particular resources relating to equality and diversity. International students may be particularly interested in Global Careers, a website for country-specific career information. We also recommend international students use the International Students Advisory Service (ISAS) and www.prospects.ac.uk for information about working outside the UK.
For more detailed information about what you can expect Careers Network to provide you, download the Service statement (PDF - 38KB) and our Statement of entitlement (PDF - 43KB).
Graduates within the last two years
If you have graduated from the University in the past two years you can utilise all our services including:
If you are a recent graduate you are invited to take part in the Graduate Destinations survey which provides us with information on your current work or study which aids current students at the University.
For more detailed information about what you can expect Careers Network to provide you download the Service statement (PDF - 38KB) and our Statement of entitlement (PDF - 43KB).
Graduates of more than two years from the University of Birmingham
If you have graduated over two years ago from the University you can access the following services only:
- Events - if there is space on the day
Academic staff at the University can receive support for their School / Academic Department. View the detailed description of how we can support your work with students.