The Personal Skills Award (PSA)(Advanced) enhances your PSA experience to provide further practice in developing, recognising and articulating your skills and to increase your confidence in real-world recruitment processes.
The PSA (Advanced) offers an interview assessment where you can practice your interview skills in front of graduate recruiters. You can aim for the PSA (Advanced) as soon as you enrol, you do not need to have completed the PSA (Foundation) or the PSA beforehand.
Who should aim for the PSA (Advanced)
The PSA (Advanced) is for students who are actively involved in a multitude of activities and can earn a total of 250 PSA points. It's for any students who want to gain recognition for their exceptional commitment to professional development.
By achieving the PSA (Advanced) you will be able to demonstrate to employers your exceptional commitment to developing your skills.
How to achieve the PSA (Advanced)
To aim for the PSA (Advanced) you will need to:
- Have enrolled onto the PSA by attending an Induction Session.
- Earn a total of 250 PSA points; you can earn points by getting involved in a combination of PSA opportunities.
- You will need to have completed any online courses by 27 March 2020, and you will also need to claim your points for any other activities with the PSA Team by the deadline of 4 February 2020. If you do not complete any of the online courses to which you are registered by the deadline for the current session, you can take the course again in the following year, but unfortunately you will lose your progress and be required to start from the beginning.
- Successfully complete the PSA (Advanced) completion form - an online competency related application form based on the types of application forms you may encounter when making an application for a job.
- Attend the compulsory interview preparation session.
- If you are successful in completing the competency-based form, you will then attend an employer-led 'interview'; you will need to successfully pass this interview to achieve the PSA (Advanced).
- Deadline for completing: 4 February 2020
Sophie Pain "I believe that one of the most helpful aspects of the PSA (Advanced) pathway was the final employer interview as it gave me the opportunity to experience a competency based interview. Undergoing the preparation for this interview allowed me to reflect on the skills and experiences I have gained through undertaking the Personal Skills Award and allowed me to articulate on everything I have accomplished whilst at university."
PSA Student of the Year
Each year the PSA team, PSA employer supporters and Careers Network staff nominate PSA (Advanced) students for Student of the Year. If you would like to find out more, visit our Student case studies page.