This is an optional PSA online course and you will earn 20 PSA points for completing this course.
Commercial awareness is one of the most sought-after skills by employers – but is often one of the things which graduates struggle to articulate effectively.
In this course you will develop your understanding of what is actually meant by ‘commercial awareness’, and learn the techniques for developing your knowledge and skills in this area.
You will also learn some key techniques for presenting your commercial awareness professionally in the recruitment process.
This course may be of particular interest to students undertaking work or voluntary experience including placements and internships.
By the end of this online course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate own level of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of some key techniques to developing commercial awareness.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply key techniques to developing commercial awareness, to research an organisation and identify key facts.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and evaluate commercial awareness in others.
- Demonstrate an ability to present commercial awareness and knowledge in a clear and professional way.
You can enrol directly onto the PSA Commercial Awareness Canvas course.
Enrolling onto an online course will not enrol you onto the Personal Skills Award full programme. If you want to complete the PSA to receive the certificate you must attend a PSA Induction Session by 13 December 2018.
If you are interested in this topic and have no intention of enrolling onto the PSA then you can complete the course but you will receive no recognition of completion.
20 PSA points will be automatically awarded to your PSA profile (if fully enrolled onto the PSA) when you complete an online course. Therefore you do not need to claim points for completing PSA online courses.