This is an optional PSA online course and you will earn 20 PSA points for completing this course.
Employers are increasingly interested in recruiting resilient graduates - those who can cope with uncertainty and ambiguity, and can deal with challenging situations effectively. But in all areas of life, we can sometimes find ourselves facing difficult circumstances, and resilience is needed to manage our emotions and avoid getting stressed.
This course will help you to recognise how resilient and adaptable you already are, and will equip you with strategies to enhance your resilience even further – both for your own personal development, and to help you stand out in the recruitment process. It will also provide advice on how to remain resilient when job hunting!
This course is for all undergraduate students who want to develop their resilience and adaptability – both on a personal level and in an employability context.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of resilience and adaptability
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect on your own resilience skills
- Evaluate and articulate your own experiences of adaptability
- Demonstrate an ability to make decisions which will develop adaptability skills
- Articulate own skills and competencies effectively
- Evaluate and critique the ability of others to articulate their skills and competencies effectively
- Demonstrate an ability to apply the principles of resilience and adaptability to dealing with rejection in the recruitment process
You can enrol directly onto the PSA Developing Resilience and Adaptability course.
Enrolling onto an online course will not enrol you onto the Personal Skills Award full programme. If you want to complete the PSA to receive the certificate you must attend a PSA Induction Session by 13 December 2018.
If you are interested in this topic and have no intention of enrolling onto the PSA then you can complete the course but you will receive no recognition of completion.
20 PSA points will be automatically awarded to your PSA profile (if fully enrolled onto the PSA) when you complete an online course. Therefore you do not need to claim points for completing PSA online courses.