This PSA taught module will enable you to develop your digital skills so that you can confidently embrace the digital technologies you will encounter during employment and life.
About digITal Matters
We place a big emphasis on creativity, collaboration and fun within the module. You will be placed in small groups and given a themed group challenge to research and digitally showcase your ideas for a new product or service.
In the early weeks you will embark on market technologies and develop skills in finding and evaluating information. In the later weeks you will develop skills in creating digital outputs which you will showcase via a group presentation.
Throughout the module you will be expected to reflect on and evidence all the digital skills that you develop via an e-portfolio.
The sessions will include:
- Using digital tools to find and manage information
- Using digital tools to create and edit information
- Using digital tools to upload and share information
- Critically analysing technology to reflect on your learning
By the end of the module sessions you should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to use digital tools as solutions to handle, organise and store information and to ensure that the information is both relevant and trustworthy.
- Demonstrate skills in time-management, leadership, problem-solving and inclusive team-working, including the ability to interact with students from different academic disciplines and/or with different skills and interests
- Demonstrate the ability to create, edit, upload and share an effective digital object in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to use and critically analyse technology to reflect on their learning.
- 1 x peer assessment of individuals’ participation to challenge group
- 1 x tutor assessment of final digital output(s)
- 1 x e-portfolio
Each PSA module will be marked as a pass or fail. You must meet the criteria to pass in order to complete the module and earn the 50 PSA points. PSA points will be automatically awarded upon completion.