This is the compulsory online course for the Personal Skills Award (PSA) (Foundation) and will help you to develop your understanding of employability, learn about the value of reflection, and enable you to reflect on your own experiences in order to articulate them more effectively in the recruitment process.
You will earn 20 PSA points for completing this course.
As the name suggests, this course covers all of the essentials!
Undertaking this course will help you to develop your understanding of employability, learn about the value of reflection, and enable you to reflect on your own experiences in order to articulate them more effectively in the recruitment process. Employability Essentials is the compulsory online course for those wanting to complete the PSA (Foundation).
This course is for all undergraduate students who want to gain an overall understanding of employability, whether you already have some knowledge or none at all.
By the end of this online course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and articulate your own values and motivations, personality preference, or learning style.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of employability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of reflection and reflective practice.
- Select an appropriate model of reflection for professional development, and demonstrate application of the model to your own experience(s).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of skills and competencies.
- Evaluate your own skills and competencies.
- Demonstrate an understanding the principles of writing effective applications (e.g. answering competency-based questions).
- Articulate your own skills and competencies effectively.
- Articulate what you understand by the concept of professional behaviours - and how to demonstrate them in a range of contexts (e.g. in person, on paper, and online).
Enrol on Employability Essentials course
You can enrol directly onto the PSA Employability Essentials course.
If you are interested in this topic and have no intention of enrolling onto the PSA then you can complete the course but you will receive no recognition of completion.
20 PSA points will be automatically awarded to your PSA profile (if fully enrolled onto the PSA) when you complete an online course. Therefore you do not need to claim points for completing PSA online courses.