This PSA taught module is an opportunity for you to develop the art of selling yourself to employers and help you develop your written and verbal communication skills.
About Presenting yourself with Impact
Presenting yourself effectively online, in applications and during interviews is a crucial skill, especially if you want to stand out from the crowd. It’s about knowing what you’ve got to offer an employer, and understanding how this matches what they are looking for.
During this module you will learn how to think like a recruiter, developing your understanding of how they review applicants during the recruitment process. You will also learn skills in presenting yourself effectively through cover letters and application forms, as well as online via LinkedIn. The module will also cover presenting yourself with impact verbally, with a focus on video interviews.
The sessions will include:
- Think like a recruiter
- Cover letters
- Application forms
- LinkedIn profiles
- Interview skills
- Video interviews
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Analyse effective ways of completing competency questions on applications forms, then complete a competency based application.
- Identify and discuss different models for the production of cover letters, then critically assess a cover letter.
- Identify effective ways of maintaining a professional online presence then create a professional network profile.
- Demonstrate how to prepare effectively for a first interview with an employer and be able to structure appropriate answers to a range of interview questions.
- Written application form (comprised of four competency questions)
- Critically assess an existing cover letter in 500 words
- LinkedIn profile (or appropriate alternative)
- Video interview
Each PSA module will be marked as a pass or fail. You must meet the criteria to pass in order to complete the module and earn the 50 PSA points. PSA points will be automatically awarded upon completion.