Digital Skills CPD workshops
Suitable for: academic and professional service staff at the University of Birmingham who teach.
It is mandatory to take five of the below HEFi Digital Skills Workshops as part of the Academic Development Programme phase 1.
Please take either CPD100 or CPD101 - it is not mandatory to do both.
- CPD100 Introduction to the University of Birmingham Digital Ecosystem for new starters: This course is ideal for new staff to the institution who want to find out more about the infrastructure, providing a light touch on the digital tools (Canvas, Panopto etc) at Birmingham.
- CPD101 Introduction to all elements of the UoB structure, where HEFi fits into the structure: This course provides you with a breakdown of the core digital tools available and how they are used at the University of Birmingham. Going into more depth than the CPD100
- CPD106 Panopto – launching / creating recordings, sharing: This course is designed to provide you with a greater understanding of how to make more from your use of Panopto. Including use of captions, uploading of material along with exploring the different sharing options available
- CPD107 Engagement with Padlet / Polling point solutions: This course provides you with an insight into engagement tools used at the university of Birmingham. It covers the use of Padlet and point solutions creation and use.
- CPD108 Canvas - course management covering enrolments, sections and commubication elements: This course is designed to make you familiar with Canvas course management options, including options of enrolments, use of canvas sections and more..
- CPD109 Editing your Canvas course: This course is designed to make you familiar with University Canvas Framework (UCF). Covering the process of editing you canvas menu, material, collating it canvas modules tools.
Other HEFi Digital Skills Workshops can be used as CPD credits towards the Academic Development Programme phase 2.
Forthcoming events can be viewed on our Events, seminars and workshops page.
Please contact the HEFi team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of any specific accessibility requirements or if the session you wish to attend is full.