Due to the closure of the Main Library during the Covid-19 health situation, postal scans and photocopies are currently unavailable. We are unable to say at this time when the service will resume. The normal details of the service can be found below and we will update this page and allow online requests again as soon as services reopen. Please see our FAQ pages for students and postgraduate studentsand staff for more information about the alternative support we can offer you.
A fetching service for books and other items on our open shelves is available for users who have disabilities.
- You can request up to six items per day
- You must supply the title, author/editor, classmark and barcode for each item. Please check FindIt@Bham for this information.
- If we only hold one copy and it's already on loan, please place a reservation on FindIt@Bham.
- The service is available Monday-Friday only, excluding University closed days.
- Requests submitted before 9.00am will normally be available by 1.00pm. Those submitted before 1.00pm will normally be available by 5.00pm. It is not always possible to fulfil requests on the same day, especially if items are from a site library.
- We will email you to let you know when and where your requested items are available for collection. If we cannot find an item you requested, we will contact you.