We have specific interactive resources and workshops to help you prepare for studying at undergraduate level.
- Workshops: Our workshops are aimed at increasing your confidence at university whilst giving you the academic skills you require to succeed at a higher level
- Resources: We have many resources both online and downloadable, which can assist you in preparing for study and with your journey through higher education
Preparing for learning: Why wait?
Do you want to begin work on developing the academic skills you will need to be successful on your course? Before you've even registered, you can try a taster of our interactive Skills4Study Campus study skills resources on 'preparing for academic study'.
- Skills4Uni: Find your way around and get a feel for the campus
- Skills4Study Campus: Interactive materials to help you enhance your skills in areas such as reading, note-taking, critical thinking and exam skills
- Guides for library resources on your subject
- PASS: The University of Birmingham Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) scheme can help you adjust to University life, improve your study habits, and enhance your understanding of the subject matter in your course
- Academic Skills Gateway: Our online gateway for starting and continuing your academic learning