Ebooks at UoB
Ebooks have many advantages over print books:
- 24 hour off-campus access
- No fines
- Free up library space for other uses, e.g. study spaces, group study
- Extra functionality such as keyword searching across whole ebook collection
Accessing Ebooks at the Library
Access ebooks on FindIt@Bham and search by ebook title or searching for a provider (e.g. Ebrary, MyiLibrary - see below under ebook collections).
Also see our Mobile devices page for information on accessing ebooks and other eResources on smart-phones and other portable devices.
Ebooks are offered from key providers in order to supply the widest, most relevant collection of ebooks for users.
- Ebrary - More than 125,000 titles over a wide range of subjects. Now in 'quick view' or fuller functions using the eBrary Reader.
- MyiLibrary - An ever growing collection that currently comprises over 3,200 titles covering a range of subjects.
- ACLS Humanities Collection - Contains over 4000 full-text Humanities titles and represents over 250 academic and learned societies. Titles are continuously added to the collection.
- Cambridge Books Online - Applied Linguistics and Film & Media collections
- Eighteenth Century Books Online - Original documents in digitized form
- Elsevier - Health Sciences, and Clinical Medicine.
- Knovel - Covering a range of engineering subjects.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online - French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Oxford Medical Handbooks Online
- Oxford Scholarship Online - Key titles in Political Science and History
For more details on specific ebooks, please contact the relevant Subject Advisor.