Plug sockets become damaged in the Main Library, usually because unsafe, unfused power adaptors are blowing the fuse of the socket. Whilst we recognise that these adaptors are a little cheaper, Library Services would ask all users to please only use the manufacturer’s adaptors to help keep sockets working for everyone. These can be identified by either the CE mark or safety mark, indicating they are safe to use:
Over the Christmas vacation and Spring term, the facilities team will be systematically testing and replacing any faulty fuses, though this is a huge task. You can help us speed up the process by letting us know if and where you find a faulty socket (either in person or via Just Ask).