The "Two Day Training Course on ABAQUS/CAE" is intended for individuals wishing an in-depth introduction to the commercial package of ABAQUS and its applications and using skills. ABAQUS is a general-purpose nonlinear finite element analysis software that provides different solutions for mechanical, structural, civil, biomedical, and related engineering applications. It covers geometry modelling, material property, meshing, boundary conditions, etc to achieve a complete prediction for engineering.
ABAQUS/CAE is a complete ABAQUS environment that provides a simple, consistent interface for creating, submitting, monitoring, and evaluating results from ABAQUS/Standard and ABAQUS/Explicit simulations. It is an easy-to-use environment for new users.
This two day course is designed to provide an all-round overview of the software, such as:
- The background of FEA and ABAQUS and its applications
- The powerful help system of ABAQUS
- Efficient finite element analysis procedure of ABAQUS
- Skills and tips about different modules including part module, material module, mesh module and load module, etc.
- The diagnostics, edit and visualization of analysis results
Topics will include
- Introduction of FEA and ABAQUS
- Usage of ABAQUS help system
- Build 2D and 3D geometry models using ABAQUS/CAE
- Define material property and assembly for the generated model
- Define, edit and verify the mesh of model
- Set analysis step and output
- Set a variety of boundary conditions according to requirement
- Manage solution of your finite element model
- Visualize and edit your analysis results
- How to transfer data from your PC to BlueBEAR to aid running pre and post processing.
Who is it for?
The course is developed for all ABAQUS users throughout the University. Research students who are using ABAQUS or have intention to use ABAQUS in their research and currently are not users of BlueBEAR are also welcome to register for the course. No previous experience of the software is required.
- Basic knowledge of the concepts of finite element analysis.
- Preview of the training website to decide if the training is useful for your research or career.