Our inspirational new Main Library opens on Monday 19 September at 10.30am. See our interactive 3D map to find your way around. We also have five other subject-specfic site libraries.
- You will always need your University ID card to borrow books.
- Our new loan system is more flexible and fairer - find out about automatic renewals and 48-hour loans.
- Make sure you know your University username and password. Ask the IT Service Desk can help you with this.
- Check your university email account regularly as library notices are sent here. You can also login to FindIt@Bham to check your library account.
- ResourceLists@Bham - find books on your reading lists. The system integrates directly with Canvas and links to the campus bookshop
- FindIt@Bham – ‘one stop shop’ for accessing Library Services’ print and electronic collections.
- Borrowing – Information on borrowing, returning and renewing items.
- Electronic resources – Information about databases, eJournals and eBooks. Get help setting up your mobile device and smartphone to access resources electronically.
Help and advice
- Just Ask! - Contact our library customer support staff, or at any library Help Desk.
- Subject Advisors can help with searching for information through one to one sessions and provide training.
- Academic Skills Centre run study skills workshops and one-to-one sessions
- IT Service Desk Receive online support, or get help in person at the Main Library Help Desk.
- Canvas - Log onto your account to access any online elements of your modules including assessments.
- The Library services guide (PDF - 967KB) provides an overview of services and facilities