We can send loanable books directly to you (UoB staff and students within UK and Eire), and photocopy or scan parts of items as well.
Information about the service
- The service is available to all registered students and staff of the University of Birmingham.
- There is a charge of £7.50 postage for up to 4 books and £2.00 per photocopy or scan of a book chapter or article.
- Either a postal loan form or postal photocopy/scan form must be completed and payment must be made in advance. Forms are available from the links at the bottom of this page.
- When requesting photocopies or scans, for copyright reasons, you cannot request more than one article from a journal issue or one chapter of a book.
- All books are subject to recall before the date stamped, if they are required by another borrower. If this happens, you will receive an email notification via your University email address, which will detail the new return date. You will usually have a week to return items which have been reserved by other borrowers.
- Please allow at least 10 days for delivery.
- You will be responsible for returning the books to the library, either in person or in the post (return address labels are supplied).