Help us achieve an environment conducive to study by observing the following rules and regulations.
Rules and regulations
- Treat users and staff with respect and courtesy.
- Keep noise levels to a minimum. Observe notices about Quiet Zones and use mobile phones only in designated areas. Do not use phones on corridors or staircases.
- Main Library: Do not eat, except in designated areas. Food includes biscuits, crisps and packaged snacks. Do not drink, except from lidded containers. Use designated café areas where provided for eating and drinking. Spills must be reported to library staff as soon as possible to reduce damage to furnishings.
- Sites other than Main Library: Do not eat or drink (apart from bottled water) except in designated areas. Food includes biscuits, crisps and packaged snacks. Drinks include tea, coffee, fruit juice, and fizzy drinks. Please use designated café areas where provided for eating and drinking.
- Carry your University ID card, library card or visitor pass at all times. Be prepared to show this if requested to do so. Never allow anyone else to use your ID card.
- Treat all library materials and equipment with respect.
- Do not display posters or adverts without permission from library staff.
- Do not smoke in the library or outside the library building within 10m of doors and windows (This is a University Regulation).
- Our libraries do not provide space for academic teaching, sports activities, social events or religious observance.
These rules are based on The University of Birmingham's official Library Regulations in conjunction with all other University Regulations, which all members of the University agree to abide by when attending the University.
Anyone in breach of these regulations may be asked to leave the library premises and may be subject to disciplinary action.