Improving access to our books and journals
We’ve been working hard to improve access to books and journals
Your library account
We’ve made our loans more flexible, and fining is fairer. From 19 September:
- Books you have on loan will renew automatically, until someone else reserves them. You'll only be fined if a book is required by someone else and you return it late.
- No more short loan books! Our flexible system responds to demand. If you collect a reservation and there's other people waiting for it, the book will be issued to you for 48 hours. Make sure you check the due date when collecting your reservations.
- If the book you need is on loan to someone else, reserve it.
- Login to your library account at FindIt@Bham regularly to check the due dates of your loans. Read your university emails to find out when your reservations are ready to be collected, and to see if someone else needs your books.
More information on dynamic loans.
We’ve introduced a new way to find books on your module reading lists: ResourceLists@Bham
- Quick and easy 24/7 access to all types of resources- links to journal articles; multimedia; scanned chapters not just books
- Direct integration with Canvas at module level
- Students can make notes about their reading “intentions” and add personal notes to each item.
- A link through to John Smith's, the University bookseller