Library Feedback - A thank you from Library Services
We’d like to thank all students and staff who took part in our library survey last term. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts on our services, and we’ve been working on your feedback to try and make improvements this year.
What are we up to?
- Study space: the Teaching and Learning building opened in January and has been popular and well received. We are already working on suggested enhancements, e.g. improving signage.
- Study space continued: We have started a project to turn the lower ground floor of the Barnes Library into additional study space, now stock has been relocated.
- Finding help within Main library: staff presence on the upper floors will be increased (via walkthroughs) making it easier to find help
- Seat hogging: as part of the above, staff will focus on seat hogging and helping users find a space to work
- Your safety: PCSOs and university security are putting in extra security patrols at Main Library
- Web accessibility: we are reviewing all our online content, making it as inclusive as possible
- Wellbeing: members of the library team have completed Assist training alongside Student Support colleagues
- Open workshops: taught students no longer need to book for skills workshop places, making them easier to access.
Remember you can let us know your thoughts throughout the year either by completing the web form or through Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.