Your feedback - changes in the Main Library
It's been a busy summer for us in Library Services, and we’ve made many improvements based on your feedback:
- Drinks in Main Library: We’ve relaxed the rules on drinking in the library to allow you to enjoy lidded drinks, including tea and coffee, while you are studying.
- We’ve created an additional 132 permanent new study spaces.
- Some existing furniture has been moved to more appropriate places in the building, meaning the space is used more intelligently. This includes replacing soft seating with newly purchased desks, e.g. in Silent Study Room 1.
- Wi-Fi: Working with IT Services, we’ve radically improved the Wi-Fi in the Main Library over the summer, replacing hardware and software.
- Access to readings and books: We’ve purchased £120,000 of new print editions, systematically replaced older editions of high demand texts with the latest editions, and increased our eBook collections by 38%.
- We are working with schools to digitise book chapters or journal articles for lecturers to use as part of their Resource Lists and Canvas modules. If you would benefit from this service on your course, you can speak to your tutor, or let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New print and photocopying system: register your ID card at any multifunctional device (MFD) in the library. You can top up online and collect your printing from any MFD on campus.
For more information on any of the above, see our feedback and news.
We want to hear what you think about our services, study spaces and the library environment. Use our feedback form to get in touch.