HEFCE permits 'green' open access with a 12 month embargo for STEM subjects, and 24 months for SSH.
- If you are able to go 'green' OA, self-archive the accepted version of your publication into UBIRA, using Pure immediately on acceptance.
- Add an embargo to the document, if required by the publisher.
- Ensure your publication is linked to the grant using the ‘Projects’ link in Pure.
- If your publisher is uncompliant with 'green' OA, you will need to choose the 'gold' route.
- Check your chosen journal for 'green' compliance using Sherpa Romeo.