This service is currently only available to University of Birmingham registered distance learners. It is not open to anyone external to the University.
This service applies to scan requests for items held on the open shelves only in the Main Library and all site libraries. We currently charge £2.00 per scan for this service. Material held in Research Reserve can be requested separately.
- To make a request, complete the form (below), ensuring all fields are completed in full.
- Please check that requested material has not already been included in your course pack.
- When requesting scans, for copyright reasons you cannot request more than one article from a journal issue or one chapter of a book.
- A fee of £2.00 is chargeable for the scan of a book chapter or article. Once we have processed your request, we will contact you with the final cost and instructions for payment. Secure payment can only be made online using a credit or debit card. Once we have received payment, we will email your order to you.
By ticking the box in the form below, you declare that:
- I have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by you or any other librarian.
- I will not use this copy except for non-commercial research or private study and will not supply a copy of it to any other person; and
- to the best of my knowledge no other person with whom I work or study has made or intends to make, at or about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose.
- I understand that if the declaration is false in a material particular the copy supplied to me by you will be an infringing copy and that I shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made the copy myself.
- If this item is to be supplied by an electronic method (which includes facsimile transmission) I will retain only a single paper copy and destroy any electronic copies after printing.
The data collected on this form will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Please contact Library Services if you have any queries or need to change or amend your details.