This service is available to University of Birmingham registered distance learners and to students and staff members who are needing to shield during the current pandemic. It is not open to anyone external to the University.
This service applies to scan requests for items held on the open shelves only in the Main Library and all site libraries. Material held in Research Reserve can be requested separately.
- To make a request, complete the form (below), ensuring all fields are completed in full.
- Please check that requested material has not already been included in your course pack.
- When requesting scans, for copyright reasons you cannot request more than one article from a journal issue or one chapter of a book.
To enable this service to run safely and consistently it is really important that you only order what you need.
By ticking the box in the form below, you declare that:
- I have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by you or any other librarian.
- I will not use this copy except for non-commercial research or private study and will not supply a copy of it to any other person; and
- To the best of my knowledge no other person with whom I work or study has made or intends to make, at or about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose.
- I understand that if the declaration is false in a material particular the copy supplied to me by you will be an infringing copy and that I shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made the copy myself.
- If this item is to be supplied by an electronic method (which includes facsimile transmission) I will retain only a single paper copy and destroy any electronic copies after printing.
The data collected on this form will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Please contact Library Services if you have any queries or need to change or amend your details.