This service is available to University of Birmingham staff and students only. It is not open to anyone external to the University.
This service applies to scan requests for items held on the open shelves only in the Main Library and all site libraries. Research Reserve material must be requested using FindIt@Bham, not this form.
- To make a request, complete the form (below), ensuring all fields are completed in full.
- Please check that requested material has not already been included in your course pack.
- When requesting scans, for copyright reasons you cannot request more than one article from a journal issue or one chapter of a book.
To enable this service to run safely and consistently it is really important that you only order what you need.
By ticking the box in the form below, you declare that:
- you have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by us or any other library or archive and
- you require the copy for the purposes of research for a non-commercial purpose or private study and you will only use it for those purposes and you will not supply a copy of it to any other person; and
- to the best of your knowledge no other person with whom you work or study has made or intends to make, at or about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose.
- you understand that if the declaration is false in a material particular, the copy supplied to you by us will be an infringing copy and that you shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if you had made the copy myself.
The data collected on this form will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Please contact Library Services if you have any queries or need to change or amend your details.