The "Introductory Training Course on ABAQUS/CAE" is intended for individuals who will use ABAQUS for their research purposes and wish to have a basic understanding of its main features in order to get started efficiently. ABAQUS is a general-purpose nonlinear finite element analysis software that provides different solutions for mechanical, structural, civil, biomedical, and related engineering applications. It covers geometry modelling, material property, meshing, boundary conditions, etc to achieve a complete prediction for engineering.
ABAQUS/CAE is a complete ABAQUS environment that provides a simple, consistent interface for creating, submitting, monitoring, and evaluating results from ABAQUS/Standard and ABAQUS/Explicit simulations. It is an easy-to-use environment for new users.
This training course is designed to provide an all-round overview of the software, such as:
- ABAQUS and its applications
- The powerful help system of ABAQUS
- Efficient finite element analysis procedure of ABAQUS
- Overview on different modules including part module, material module, mesh module and load module, etc.
Topics will include
Introduction to ABAQUS
- Usage of ABAQUS help system
- Understanding of ABAQUS work environment
- Description of the types of meshes, interactions, analyses, etc. that can be used
Who is it for?
The course is developed for all ABAQUS new users throughout the University. Research students who are using ABAQUS or have intention to use ABAQUS in their research and currently are not users of BlueBEAR are also welcome to register for the course. No previous experience of the software is required.
- Basic knowledge of the concepts of finite element analysis.
- Review of this page to decide if the training is useful for your research or career.
How to book