PASS Leader for Computer Science
Ken was a PASS Leader for Computer Sciences, graduating with a first class degree in 2012
1. What attracted you to getting involved in PASS?
After all the help I got from students in the year above, I wanted to be part of something a little more structured. PASS was the ideal solution to both help others and reinforce my understanding of the first year content.
2. Tell me a bit about the activities you have been involved in with PASS.
During the PASS sessions I'd either try to coax information out of one student to answer another's question or go over the topic that the students found particularly challenging. I also checked in with the other leaders, helping them with topics that they hadn't covered (due to different module choices)
3. What skills have you developed as a result of being involved in PASS?
As well as refreshing first year material, PASS allowed me to develop my interpersonal skills whilst also improving my confidence.
4. How do you think your experience will help you when you start to look for your graduate career?
The fact I can give examples of where I've had to both interact with and helps others.
5. What have you learned about yourself?
I've learnt where my strengths and weaknesses are in my subject and my interpersonal skills.
6. Would you recommend PASS to other students?
Yes, both to prospective leaders and students (including those struggling and those who just want an extra push.)