• PGRs whose minimum period of registration does not expire by 30/09/16, and
• who will be continuing on the same programme of study, and
• who are not required to take any supplementary or resit assessments in the following academic year
The PGR will be charged tuition fees from 01/10/16 for the new academic session based on the number of months they are normally registered for in the new academic year (up to a maximum of 12).
PGRs are required to register on-line at http://www.my.bham.ac.uk.
i) A PGR whose end of minimum registration expires on 30/09/17, the recommendation would be A. The number of months will be automatically calculated by BIRMS as 12 (i.e. October 2016 – September 2017) and the PGR will be charged 12 months tuition fees.
ii) A PGR whose end of minimum registration expires on 31/03/17, the recommendation would be A. The number of months will be automatically calculated by BIRMS as 6 (i.e. October 2016 to 31 March 2017) and the PGR will be charged 6 months tuition fees. At the end of minimum period registration (i.e. 31/03/17), the RSA Team will contact the School/Department for confirmation of the PGR’s registration status from 01/04/17.
Do not use:
• where the end of the minimum period of registration will expire by 30/09/16 and the PGR is required to continue in normal registration - ART L – extend minimum period should be used (see page 7).
• where the PGR will not reach the end of their minimum period of registration by 30/09/3016, is required to remain normally registered but is also required to undertake resit assessments in the new academic year - ART D – proceed with outstanding requirements should be used (see page 4).
• where the PGR is to proceed to a different programme and will be required to be normally registered - ART E– proceed and transfer programme should be used (see page 5) (except for downgrades from doctoral to masters).
• In ES03 press the M button to check that a mark and module recommendations has been entered for all modules.
• Select A from the ART drop down menu.
• On pressing save or release decisions and marks, the number of months the PGR will be normally registered and charged tuition fees for, will be auto calculated on the basis of the number of months from 01/10/16 to the end of the new academic year 30/09/17, or to the end of the minimum period of registration (whichever is soonest).
• To release to Banner, tick School progress Panel and Release Decision & Marks.
Errors: Where errors are generated a message will appear at the top of the screen to advise you. Click on the “Display errors” and then on “Expand all”. If you do not know how to correct the error or if you do not understand the error message, please contact the Research Student Administration team (See Appendix F). It is essential that you provide details of the PGR ID number and the wording of the error message.