General information and help if experiencing problems with the Programmes and modules handbook.
Daily Downtime - 20.30-23.00
You will be unable to use the Programmes and modules handbook and the module search facility between 20.30-23.00 GMT daily due to essential routine database maintenance.
School Index Function:
A search using the "School Index" function will return results for a cohort of students who started in a particular academic year. Entering the academic year that you were admitted to the programme will show information that is relevant to you in each year of your programme. It is important that first of all the Level tick box (indicating Postgraduate or Undergraduate) programmes on the main page is checked; the page will then refresh giving the available list of Schools. Clicking on a School will highlight it and show the list of available programmes and years. To start another search, click back to the main page and check the relevant boxes.
The "Search" function will return details of a specific module in a specific academic year. Entering the academic year in which you plan to take the module will yield the information that is relevant to you.
Ensure that you enter only the last five digits of the module code in the search box on the module search page, for example 23456 if the full Banner code is 01 23456. The first two digits are the subject area indicator but it is the last five digits that are the unique part of the code.
No results returned
If using the search facility in the Programmes and modules handbook does not return a result, this may be for a number of reasons. Here are some tips to get the most out of this resource:
School or Department page not displaying programmes
- If programmes are returned at the wrong level, i.e., at Postgraduate instead of Undergraduate level or vice versa: ensure the Level tick box (indicating Postgraduate or Undergraduate) programmes on the main page is checked; the page will then refresh giving the available list of Schools.
- The handbook only shows information for "taught" programmes. For information about research programmes, please contact your School directly.
- The programme may no longer be active or inactive in the year in which the search is being made. Select another year and search again, if there is still no return contact the School to check the status of the programme as it may have been withdrawn completely.
Module search using a Banner code returning no module description
- Ensure that you enter only the last five digits of the module code in the search box on the module search page.
- Ensure that you enter the academic year in which you plan to take the module.
Module codes in programme requirements not linked to module descriptions
Where the module descriptions have not been submitted by a School and do not appear on Banner, the Module Search facility will recognise the numerical code but will not return any information. Please alert the Curriculum Management Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title not appearing in full or not easily recognisable
The Semester/Term for the module is not specified
Still experiencing problems?
If you are unable to access the Programmes and modules handbook and the module search facility outside the specified downtime, please email email@example.com giving the exact time the attempt was made and quoting the error message received. Your query will be followed up as quickly as possible.