The Multi Faith Chaplaincy and its team of chaplains offers spiritual support for all members of the University. However, there is also a wealth of other support services on hand at the University, for both students and staff.
Support for students
- Student support services - advice on a wide range of issues, counselling and practical welfare as well as other support groups and workshops.
- Counselling and Wellbeing - counselling can help students engage more effectively in their academic and social environment and to be sufficiently free from psychological distress to achieve their potential.
- The Guild Advice serivce is an independent, free and confidential service for all students of the University of Birmingham. They specialise in five main areas: academic, employment, finance, housing and immigration. You can access support via the ARC's weekday drop-in service, an online enquiry service, or from the website resources.
- Nightline - a confidential and non-judgmental student-run listening service, similar to the Samaritans, available 18.00 to 08.00 every night of term.
- my.bham - for more information on student support, log on to the my.bham portal and click on the Support tab.
Support for staff