What is the Cool, Calm and Confident group
- Are there many situations where you feel lacking in confidence?
- Do you ever find yourself clamming up and not knowing what to say to people?
- Do you dread new situations?
- Are your relationships damaging your confidence?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then this group facilitated by the Counselling & Wellbeing service may be for you.
What can I expect?
Although not a therapy group, you will be able to share your thoughts and feelings, as well as also hear other people's experiences, all at a pace that is comfortable for you.
There will be a maximum of 10 participants in the group.
The format will include:
- Seminar and group discussions
- Working individually, in pairs and small groups
- Practical role plays and group exercises
The topics covered during the sessions include:
- What is confidence?
- Friends and enemies of self-confidence
- Becoming a more confident 'you'
- Making friends
- Social confidence and making conversation
- Confidence and body language
- How to say no
- Selling yourself
- Changing old unconfident habits
How do I book a place?
Unfortunately this group will not be running during the autumn term of the 2017/18 academic year. Please check back throughout the year for details of future courses.