Your posters are printed by the University Graduate School and will be on display in the Great Hall for the Conference. Your work will be judged by two judges, who will introduce themselves to you and ask you to explain your research (this will be the presentation part of the Conference).
Creating and submitting your poster
- Your poster must be original work for this Research Poster Conference. Posters submitted to previous Research Poster Conferences will not be accepted.
- Posters must be in A1 dimensions (841mm x 594mm). They can be in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Your poster must be readable from a distance of 1m. Depending on your choice of font, Arial 24 would be the minimum size of font recommended.
- Posters must be submitted as PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint) or PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format) files. Any other file format will be rejected.
- Your poster must display your name and poster title.
- The poster is intended for a non-specialist audience, you should avoid jargon and technical language where possible. Any technical terms should be explained.
- People from across the University and beyond attend the Research Poster Conference. If your research is supported by colleagues, a Research Council, business or other external funder, you should acknowledge them.