- Monday 16th May (09:30) - Thursday 18th August 2016 (16:30)
- Westmere PGR Hub
- Who said writing (or reading) needs to be a solitary experience? Our Shut up & Work sessions aim to help you work more productively in a supportive environment. You come along, set your target for the day and work until you achieve your target. Each session starts at 9:30 and finishes at 16:00 and has coffee breaks to allow you to recharge and network with other postgraduate researchers without feeling guilty. Other Shut up & Work sessions are scheduled to take place on: 17 May, 31 May, 14 July, 21 July, 2 August and 18 August, so make sure you save these dates in your diary.
- Thursday 9th June 2016 (14:00-15:00)
- Aston Webb main lecture theatre
- See the finalists for this year's competition battle for the top prize (a £500 travel bursary) and a spot in the national 3MT competition. Our finalists will be scrutinised by a panel of judges, and they will decide who goes on to the national 3MT® competition. All members of staff and students (Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research) are invited to join us.
- Tuesday 14th June 2016 (14:00-15:00)
- aston webb
- This year the Research Poster Conference at the University of Birmingham will be celebrating its 10th year and will be held on Tuesday 14 June 2016 in the Great Hall of the Aston Webb building (R6 on campus map) We invite everyone to join us to celebrate the exciting research undertaken by our postgraduate researchers from all five Colleges across the University. Everyone is welcome to attend the conference free of charge on the day, you just need to reserve a ticket. Don't forget to invite your colleagues, friends and family.
The Westmere PGR Hub will be organising wellbeing sessions such as yoga, wellbeing walks and therapy dogs will have regular visits to Westmere soon. Make sure you follow us @UoBWestmere and @UoBGradSchool to hear about these events.
If you have any suggestions or would like to run an event in Westmere, please get in touch with Dr. Eren Bilgen, our Community Engagement Officer or email the University Graduate School.