Innovative Researchers: Afternoon tea with Professor Roy Bicknell
- IBR Seminar Room
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences
Come and hear how Roy Bicknell, Professor of Functional Genomics has partnered with Cancer Research UK to create a joint-venture company to commercialise his ground-breaking research resulting in a novel targeted therapy for solid tumours.
The Innovative Researcher series features University of Birmingham PhD alumni and academics who are making an impact with their research in innovative and practical ways. In this informal, friendly environment you will hear first-hand how exciting, challenging and rewarding innovative research practice is. You will also discover the skills and expertise you are developing through your degree, which makes you more attractive to employers and more successful in your research.
This event aims to provide:
- Inspiration for current postgraduate researchers interested in innovative and impactful research practices
- Information regarding career options, insight into specific careers and top tips on how to get there
- A friendly, inclusive, interdisciplinary community of aspiring innovative researchers
- A platform for discussion of the usefulness of enterprise skills in all research career paths
(The Institute of Biomedical Research building is directly linked to the Medical School building. Enter through the main front entrance to the Medical School. Take the first corridor on your left and walk to the end, through the double doors and you will enter the IBR building. The Seminar Room is on the first floor. Follow the signs.)