Innovative Researchers: Dr Caroline Ardrey
- Room 104 - Arts Building
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences
Come and hear how Caroline Ardrey, Lecturer in the College of Arts and Law, has co-developed and implemented a new way to analyse song through a pioneering digital dataset of both pop and classical music settings of Baudelaire's verse and prose poetry.
The Innovative Researchers series features University of Birmingham PhD alumni and academics who are making an impact with their research in innovative and practical ways. In this informal, friendly environment you will hear first-hand how exciting, challenging and rewarding innovative research practice is. You will also discover the skills and expertise you are developing through your degree, which makes you more attractive to employers and more successful in your research.
This event aims to provide:
- Inspiration for current postgraduates interested in innovative and impactful research practices
- Information regarding career options, insight into specific careers and top tips on how to get there
- A friendly, inclusive, interdisciplinary community of aspiring innovative researchers
- A platform for discussion of the usefulness of enterprise skills in all research career paths