Innovative Researchers: Professor Roy Bicknell
- IBR Seminar Room
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences
Come and hear how Roy Bicknell, Professor of Functional Genomics has partnered with Cancer Research UK to create a joint-venture company to commercialise his ground-breaking research resulting in a novel targeted therapy for solid tumours.
The Innovative Researchers series features University of Birmingham PhD alumni and academics who are making an impact with their research in innovative and practical ways. In this informal, friendly environment you will hear first-hand how exciting, challenging and rewarding innovative research practice is. You will also discover the skills and expertise you are developing through your degree, which makes you more attractive to employers and more successful in your research.
The Institute of Biomedical Research (IBR) is connected to the Medical School. Enter the Medical School building via the main front doors. After swiping access, take the corridor on your left. Continue walking through several double doors and along a glass sided "bridge". Then follow signs for the seminar room which is located on the first floor. The stairs are on the right.
This event aims to provide:
- Inspiration for current postgraduates interested in innovative and impactful research practices
- Information regarding career options, insight into specific careers and top tips on how to get there
- A friendly, inclusive, interdisciplinary community of aspiring innovative researchers
- A platform for discussion of the usefulness of enterprise skills in all research career paths