PG Skills: Leadership
- Aston Webb - Careers Network Employer Training Room - G30
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research, Social Sciences
This 2-hour workshop has been specifically designed to help Postgraduates gain insight in to leadership skills and the importance of this in the workplace.
Effective leadership is vital in ensuring efficiency is maximised and the organisation’s goals are achieved. According to Forbes Coaches Council “leadership skills can be developed and honed, just like any other ability”. They believe that professionals can become more effective leaders and specific skills are required for leaders to be able to succeed. Accenture, a multinational professional services company, providing services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations will lead on this session and provide insight in to:
- What leadership is to Accenture and the importance of effective leadership in the workplace.
- The types of leadership styles.
- What leadership skills are needed in the workplace and how can these skills be enhanced.
- Insight in to motivating your team, resolving conflict and business leadership.
By the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An awareness and understanding of leadership skills and styles necessary for the workplace
- Understanding of effective leadership and how this can impact individuals, teams, organisations and possibly even wider communities.