PhD Job Club Tutorial: How to explore your career options
- Westmere House Seminar Room
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
Pick up tips and strategies on how to explore what post-PhD career options are out there for you at this small-group tutorial.
PhD Job Club Tutorials are small, informal group sessions led by the PGR Careers Adviser. They offer a chance to discuss popular career-related issues amongst PhDs, with more time than a 1:1 appointment. This particular tutorial focuses on strategies for researching your post-PhD career options. Open to PGRs from all disciplines!
Who should attend?
- Doctoral researchers who have some ideas for their future career but want to do more research or explore more widely
- Doctoral researchers who don't yet know what they want to do post-doctorate but want to start generating some ideas
By attending this session, you will:
- Learn some key methods to explore your post-PhD career options and how find out what's out there/ what other PhDs have done
- Apply these methods to your own career research
- Discuss any concerns that you have about career options
- Meet other PhDs who are in the same position as you and learn from each other
What PhDs say about this tutorial
- "Was a really useful session and it made me feel more hopeful and confident about something that really worries me, thank you!"
- "Really good session: has given me important insights on how I can explore the career options available to me"
For more information, or to book your place, please email Holly Prescott: email@example.com