PhD Job Club Tutorial: Writing your CV or job application
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
Top application-writing tips for jobs both within and beyond academia, followed by time to work on your applications with the PGR Careers Adviser.
*Note: Please bring your laptops/ relevant documents with you so that you can work on your application during the session if you wish.*
PhD Job Club Tutorials are small, informal group sessions led by the PGR Careers Adviser. They offer a chance to discuss popular career-related issues amongst PhDs, with more time than a 1:1 appointment. This particular tutorial focuses on writing effective CVs/ job applications. We'll first cover some top tips, then you will have time to work on your CV or application with the support of the Adviser and the rest of the group. Open to PhDs from all disciplines! Attend just for the tutorial (first hour) or also stay afterwards to work on your application/ CV and get individual advice.
Learn how to:
- Identify the key differences between academic and non-academic job applications
- Effectively tailor your application for a particular role
- Work on your job application/ CV with the support of an adviser
- Discuss any questions that you have about writing job applications
- Meet other PhDs who are in the same position as you and learn from each other
What PhDs said about this event:
- "I’m very glad that I’ve attended to this seminar in order to obtain a better understanding of the skills and tips that I need in order to apply for the position that I am aiming towards. Very good!"
- "Everything was very useful. The information, examples, and presentation were understandable and very helpful. Thank you very much!"
For more information or to book your place, please contact Holly Prescott: firstname.lastname@example.org