Improving Leave of Absence processes
The University has been redesigning the Leave of Absence and return from Leave of Absence processes. The new processes will start to be used from Monday 19 April for postgraduate research students and in May for postgraduate taught students.
The new processes will speed up decisions and actions to support students; reduce the administrative burden on students and staff; and make the student experience more consistent across Colleges and Schools.
With the new process for return from Leave of Absence, there will now be more support and contact points available whilst on a Leave of Absence, when preparing to return, and after returning.
- The old application form will be replaced by a new online form
- The application will be automatically routed to the staff who need to approve the Leave of Absence
- Notifications will be emailed to students to confirm receipt of the form, and to advise of the outcome of their application
- Each application will have a reference number and can be tracked through the system
- Students will receive the outcome of their application quicker
Applying before the new process goes live?
Until the new processes go live, you should continue to follow the old process detailed in the Leave of Absence advice pages below.
How do I access the new process?
The Leave of Absence advice pages, linked below, will be updated to guide you to the new online form on the launch date.
Undergraduate and postgraduate taught Leave of Absence advice pages.
Postgraduate research Leave of Absence advice pages.