Let's Get Started is an introductory workshop for new postgraduate researchers at the University of Birmingham. This workshop will help you understand the postgraduate research journey that awaits you and help you to think about the various milestones on the road to a successful PhD. During this workshop we will think about the skills and capabilities that you need to be an effective researcher. You will have the opportunity to meet postgraduate researchers from across different disciplines and find out about the support services that are available to help you make a great start to your time at the University of Birmingham.
The workshop is intended for postgraduate researchers in all disciplines within 3 months of their start date.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- be more aware of your personal preferences and how these impact on your research
- have explored some techniques for reading, writing and time-management at PhD level
- be able to identify your development needs and ways to meet these needs
- have embarked on the planning process for your PhD (and beyond)
Workshops will take place on the following dates. Please click the link on your preferred date to book your place.
- Thursday 14 June 2018, 10am-1pm - Westmere Seminar Room ***Cancelled due to low demand***
Please note: all our workshops are subject to a minimum level of registration. If this is not reached the workshop will be cancelled and, where possible, you will be offered a place on an alternate date.
Postgraduate researchers with disabilities
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any support requirements resulting from a physical, sensory or hidden disability, mental health or a specific learning difficulty. We would be happy to provide assistance to ensure your time with us is enjoyable.