Find a doctor, and look after yourself mentally and physically.

Find a doctor or dentist

Most students are entitled to free health and dental care, but you must register with an NHS doctor or dentist.

Support for mental health conditions

If you have a diagnosed mental health condition, or think that you might have one, support is available from the Mental Health Team.

Counselling and Wellbeing

The Counselling and Wellbeing service gives you professional and confidential support to help you manage your emotional wellbeing.

They also provide workshops and groups on topics such as relaxation techniques, managing exam stress and coping with bereavement.

Student Mentor Scheme

Sometimes another student is best able to identify with your situation. The Student Mentor Scheme provides advice and guidance to all students living in university accommodation. The scheme can particularly help students settle into University life and also provides a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space for students to come and air any worries or concerns they may have. The scheme can provide regular and on-going support to students.

Keeping active

Keeping active has a direct bearing on both your mental and physical wellbeing. The Munrow Sports Centre is the largest supplier of health and fitness opportunities in the region.

Munrow Sports Centre website

Eating disorders

The Counselling and Wellbeing service offers a group for students with eating disorders, as well as confidential and professional one on one support.

Sexual health

For information and advice on sexual health, the following services may be helpful.

Self Help Guides

The University has produced a series of Self Help Guides which provide practical advice and support for a range of issues that may be affecting your mental or physical health. All of the Guides are free to download.