The new Red Carpet Reward and Recognition Scheme has been developed as part of our commitment to “Excellence at the heart of everything we do”.
The scheme complements the existing OSCARS awards and has been introduced in response to feedback from our staff survey. The idea behind the scheme is to formally celebrate excellent examples of our Red Carpet behaviours. The scheme has two key aspects to it: “Thank You” and “Star”.
The ‘Thank you’ cards provide a simple way to instantly recognise a colleague for excellent customer service and for living the Red Carpet behaviours. This can be for any small, meaningful act for which you feel your colleague deserves some recognition. Line managers should actively encourage employees to complete the cards and customers are able to complete the cards too.
- Pick up a ‘Thank You’ card from the Red Carpet Post Box or your line manager
- Fill in the card including the nomination section
- Tear off the perforated nomination section and post this through the Red Carpet Post Box or complete the nomination section below
- Pass the actual ‘Thank You’ card to your colleague
The Red Carpet newsletter will also include a list of recent nominations.
Each month the Senior Management Team will select up to 6 Red Carpet Stars out of that month’s nominations. Winners will have demonstrated excellent examples of the Red Carpet behaviours and will receive the following recognition:
- A surprise announcement and presentation from a member of the Senior Management Team
- Receive a Red Carpet STAR certificate
- A prize (for example this could be champagne or chocolates)
- Feature in the monthly Red Carpet newsletter
We trust this scheme will enable us to celebrate moments of excellence throughout all the areas of Campus Services.
To know how the University uses your data please read our privacy notice.