Flexible Working

The University recognises that a little flexibility can sometimes make a lot of difference in helping staff to balance the demands of work and personal life.

Parents and carers in particular have to balance their commitment to working at the University with often considerable, complex responsibilities elsewhere.  Some form of flexible working may help with this.

You can make a formal request to work flexibly if you have worked at the University continuously for 26 weeks and haven't already made a flexible working request in the previous 12 months. Requests may be for any reason and are not restricted to employees with family care commitments. 

Flexible Working policy and guidance documents

Other types of leave that you may wish to consider