The BAME Staff Network is run by volunteer BAME staff (of all backgrounds and staff groups) within the University. The Network aims to provide a space to discuss, question, challenge and take action where necessary to promote race equality and diversity.
In addition, non-BAME members of staff who actively believe in the promotion of race equality and diversity can join us in influencing change and providing opportunity at the University of Birmingham.
What is the purpose of the Network?
The purpose of the Network is to:
- Provide a safe and confidential environment to meet other BAME staff and share experiences, opinions, concerns and ideas
- Provide opportunities to inform and influence the University's policies about BAME staff
- Provide creative and clear pathways to encourage promotion to higher grades
- Create opportunities for BAME staff to engage with other networks within the University
- Help create a culturally inclusive campus
- Signpost information about research and development
- Be an informal point of contact for workplace issues relating to race equality and diversity
How do I become a member?
Please send us an email at email@example.com to be added to our mailing list and become a member of the Network.