The Student Disabilities Focus Group meets regularly to provide feedback to the University on how it can better support students with disabilities. As a member of this group, you will have real power to change how the University supports students with disabilities.
It all depends on you.
Contact Jane Tope for more details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can attend?
This group is open for anyone to attend, even if you do not have a disability. We're looking for people who are keen to improve the services for and to celebrate the achievements of disabled students at the University.
We usually have upwards of six students at meetings.
What is the group's purpose?
- To help improve the services to disabled students at the University
- To celebrate the successes of disabled students
- And… any other purpose the group decides - have your say!
What has it achieved so far?
The following improvements have been made so far as a result of suggestions from this group:
- Braille maps
- Student portal and website improvements
- Sports activities for wheelchair users
- More encouragement for students to disclose a disability whilst at university and to take responsibility for letting staff know